SOUTHWEST DELAWARE COUNTY MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY EMERGENCY DECLARATION CONTINUITY OF OPERATIONS PLAN
On March 6, 2020 Governor Wolf signed an Emergency Disaster declaration in response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak and on March 13, 2020 the President of the United States declared a National Emergency in response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak.
CONSEQUENTLY, THE SOUTHWEST DELAWARE COUNTY MUNICIPAL OFFICE IS CLOSED TO VISITORS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Customers can still contact SWDCMA Customer Service at ( 610) 494-1335; or via email using the Contact Us link at www.swdelcoma.org, during business hours
- Customers should call (610) 494-1335 for an after-hours emergency and follow the prompts for your call to be routed to KBX Golden LLC for service
- SWDCMA’s Board Meeting of March 23, 2020 is cancelled
- SWDCMA’s Board Meeting of April 27, 2020 is currently scheduled to occur but is subject to change
- SWDCMA has suspended all water service terminations until further notice
- SWDCMA customers are encouraged to make payments via the Customer Portal using this link or by mailing payments to SWDCMA a t P.O. Box 2466, Aston, PA 19014
- All non-essential administrative requests that do not relate primarily to the Authority’s mission of providing wastewater service to its customers will be suspended until further notice. This includes, but is not limited to, Right To Know Law Requests made pursuant to the Right To Know Law.
The Authority hereby suspends the provisions of any rules, regulations or resolutions prescribing the procedures for conduct of Authority business, if strict compliance with the provisions of any rules, regulations, resolutions or procedures, would in any way prevent, hinder or delay necessary action in coping with the Emergency Declaration. The Authority may implement emergency assignments without regard to procedures required by other laws, except mandatory constitutional requirements, pertaining to performance of public work, entering into contracts, incurring of obligations, employment of temporary workers, rental of equipment, purchase of supplies and materials, and expenditures of Authority funds.
This Emergency Declaration also allows the Board of Directors to have emergency meetings without prior public notice, suspends procurement processes attendant to purchases related to the Emergency, and/or permits hires and personnel decisions needed to continue operations of the Authority.
This Continuity of Operations Plan is approved and the Authority Administrator will make it available to the public and will submit it to the Board of Directors for its ratification. The Continuity of Operations Plan will be updated as needed.
Effective as of the 23rd day of March, 2020.